Monday, January 9, 2012

The New Year - starting with a fizzle

Fireworks on New Years Eve in Dingle Harbour

OK, so this year hasn't started with a bang, more like a fizzle. You know, like a leftover bottle of lemonade. I can’t seem to get to grips with 2012, and we're already 9 days in!! I'm hoping the return to school and all things normal (with help from some liquid iron) will put some fizz back in.

I'm not much of a New Year’s resolution person, I always figured the depths of winter is not the best time to stop doing the nice things in life, (such as eating fatty foods and drinking pints...). But I do usually have lots of ideas whizzing around after the hols. This year, however, because the brain is so full of fizzle, nothing whatsoever coherent or vaguely interesting seems to be coming out. There are lots of vague plans for the 2012, and now it’s just a question of making them less vague, and more practical.

No comments: