Monday, December 7, 2009

Rainy Days and Lots of Crochet!!

Its been a very busy and exciting week!

I traveled to the library in Macroom on Thursday, to do a Hyperbolic Crochet workshop with the lovely Macroom Purlies. We had a great meeting, talking about the project, and getting a little bit of crochet done. Then on Friday, it was off to meet with The Crafty Knit and Stitchers in The Crafty Alley in Killarney. I knew most of the girls there already, but they very graciously listened to me rabbiting on about the project, and had a go at crocheting some coral!.

A big thanks to Patricia of the Macroom Purlies, who invited me to come, and to Cathy of The Crafty Alley, for letting me take over to promote yet another woolly pastime...

Sunday was spent maning a Crochet Recruitment Stand at the Tralee Christmas Craft Fair. And I have to say, I am astounded at the responce we got. From people who were interested in crochet, crocheting coral, the maths/science side of the project, and the whole reef situation in itself. We were so busy, all day, that we had sore throats by the end of it. All the patterns had been handed out, and I even gave all the stuff, the crocheted coral, the information to the ladies at the Patchwork stand, so they could put on their own crochet workshop!! The fair itself was fantastic, Georgina of Arty Bits, always puts on a great fair, with decorations, Santa and even a live band! And I have to say thanks to her for letting us have a stand, even though we were not selling anything...

And also another big, big, thanks to the lovely Mairead, for helping me at the workshops. When we weren't talking crochet, we were talking all other kinds of fibre crafts!! It was a pleasure to have your company...

So, that's it for now. I feel like I have done my bit for crocheted coral, and am a bit talked out...

1 comment:

Bionic Laura said...

Sounds like a great day altogether. Love that people are so interested in the project.