Monday, August 18, 2008

Electric Picnic

Stitchlily's Woolly Emporium
at the Electric Picnic

Where
I think we're in the walled garden, see map below...


Opening Times
We're open roughly from 11am to 6pm. But if the chat if flowing, we wont stop...


Demonstrations
Demos on crochet and weaving will be done continuously throughout the day. Everyone is welcome to have a go. Why not make something to add to the Reef??

Workshops
There are two workshops on inkle-loom weaving per day with a max of 6 people per class. The workshop will last 2 and a half hours but most people get a crios woven in less that an 2 hours. I've added the extra half hour just so you can relax and enjoy the weaving, or rush off to see a particular band...

Bookings for the workshops will be taken on the Friday or in the morning. As places are very limited I would advise anyone interested to call in on the Friday, and if you're really keen, you can always email me now and book a place!!

The workshops will cost €20- this includes all the materials and worksheets you need to make a beautiful Irish crios. The inkle looms themselves are very easy to make, and if anyone is interested, I will provide all the details necessary to make one of your own.




Times of the Workshops are:

Fri: 3-4.30pm
Sat & Sun: 11-1.30 & 2-4.30pm



Up to date News


Just over a week to go, and theres still so much work to be done!! The Coral Reef is almost finished, just a few threads to sort out, the inkle looms have done a detour to Galway, but will meet me in Stradbally, and the rest of the display work is just about, well thought off, to be honest. Its all hands on threads this week to get the finished display I want. Here's a sneak look...



I managed to tie most of my events in the Ravelympics up with the EP, so any Ravellers out there, you'll see my finished pieces on display. I'm currently awaiting my final drugs test before being able to step up to the Podium and claim prizes for Team Ireland. More on that later...

So, I think we're in the walled garden if anyone is looking for us. Here's a map I copied off the website, but its a bit hard to read.

No comments: