Sunday, November 16, 2014

ICA Book of Crafts

 description

The lovely folk at Mercier press have sent me a lovely package! Two copies of their latest publication, The Irish Countrywomans Association Book of Crafts! One copy I will be reviewing in the coming weeks for The Woolly Way of Ireland blog, (which will probably be covered in drops of tea and biscuit crumbs by the end, as I ogle the absolutely beautiful photos). The second copy will be given away as a prize on The Woolly Way. The competition is open from now until the 4th of December!

I'd really like to congratulate the ICA and Mercier Press on the book. I have barely read it yet, but just a fleeting glance show the incredible quatily of the production, and a vast range of skills present. I am always moaning (to anyone that will listen) about the serious lack of Irish craft books, written by Irish craftspeople. This book, a real gem of knowledge and photography, changes everything. I wish them all the luck for the success of the book, and cant wait to dive in and start making some projects from it...


Mercier Press
Unit 3B, Oak House, Bessboro Rd., Blackrock,
Cork, Ireland.
Tel: (+353 21) 461 4700 
Direct line (+353 21) 461 4456
Fax: (+353 21) 461 4802
Mobile 087 929 9313

http://www.mercierpress.ie



No comments: