Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Textile Madness in Munster

I used to moan about the lack of textile events/exhibitions, etc, happening down South, compared to the East Coast. However, this time I am moaning about how much is going on!! I just cant keep up. I had a feeling this year was going to be exciting (sanguine according to this post...), but man, slow down, or we'll be burned out before the summer...

Heres a few things going on, I'll be posting in more detail both here and on The Woolly Way

The Sewing Shed!
We're all excit'd and deligh'd for Nikki, who is moving to a bigger premises this weekend. If you are in Keel on Friday 4th March, her official opening is from 10am - 4pm.

Cork Textiles Network Conference!
The annual CTN conference kicks off this weekend.

Tread Softly!
this exhibition opens in the Cork Museum on Friday also at 6pm. Lots of CTN members in this.

Seamless; Off the Body, On the Wall!
Textile Exhibition at Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa, Cork

The Irish Coral Reef is coming to Cork!
to Farranferris College and Green Works and the opening is to coincide with the Environ 2011 conference in UCC . It'll be on display for 3 months

and finally, lastly, The Pan Celtic Lace Seminar!!!
Details of which will hopefully be announced tomorrow, (when I finally get all the blurb written up...). Keep April 27th - 1st May 2011 free in your diaries!!

So between all this, I'm trying to get my project designed and done for the International Freeform Fibre Art Guild, something interesting for the CTN photoshoot, something big for the Electric Picnic, (...and despite a suggestion on Twitter, I will not be knitting the entire Irish Cricket Team jumpers after their amazing defeat of England...)

Phew, and thats just March!

No comments: