Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spinning


My attempt at blogging at least once a week, has well, been a disaster, so my first blog post in over 3 weeks, is about spinning. The Irish Spinners Group on Ravelry, have started a Skein-a-Month spinalong. This has been great to get me motivated with my wheel again, and to use up that stash of fleece.

January's theme was Fire and Ice
(Fleece from Kerry Woollen Mills)

Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice

February theme is Hope Springs Eternal

The Inspiration:
'Hope Springs Eternal'

The Fleece:
Hope Springs Eternal

For this month we're getting a bit technical (there's a prize involved!). I used 100% Corriedale from Derrynaun Crafts. Originally intended for felting but spins beautifully! I decided not to ply it, as it was lovely as a single. But put it under the rack while drying to get the twists and curls out. (Knitting Needles being used for something!!)





The Yarn:



Approx 80m of Single, 15 WPI

And because I LOVE my skein-winder....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, you have a talent

Catherine said...

Love these yarns.
Catherine