Monday, January 25, 2010

Monster Castles and Dingle Ocean World...

After the Cork workshop, I have been fairly wrecked, and needed to catch up on computer, cleaning and child time, (not necessarily in that order). Then I got a call to say the ma was coming down to visit. So I went on an all out cleaning marathon. No more dust bunnies, no more piles of dirty laundry in the floor, plastic midden stashed under the couch waiting to be crocheted, etc, you get the picture....

BUT, before I could concentrate on any of the above, I had to finish something I started for my son. We read lots and lots of stories, mostly fairly tales including princesses, handsome men and castles, so when the latest cardboard box arrived in the house, I promised him a castle. A week or two later, I finally finished it...


With the ma down for a few days, and the weather lousy for one of them, we did a trip out to the Dingle Aquarium, Ocean World. Although I had lived in Dingle for a few years, I had never managed to go, but using the child as an excuse we went over. It's not cheap, but well worth it. We ran around, rushing after the child, barely seeing anything, then had a cup of coffee, bought him proper pirate stuff in the gift shop, and did another slower walk around. (I should mention that the poor child had been going around with a floppy cardboard/masking-tape sword and a kitchen towel telescope for the few previous days, he has been pirate obsessed since watching Scooby Doo and The Ghost Pirates..)





So you get good value, by being able to go in and out all day. Then a quick lunch, and home again for an almighty pirate session....At least I have managed to convince the child that Tom Waits is authentic pirate music, so I get to listen to Tom all day now...


Loggerhead Turtles, regularly get lost and end up on cold Irish shores. Ocean World have done a few rescue missions in the past, and these turtles get rested, fed, then returned back to the sea.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Bionic Laura said...

What a great monster castle. And you can tell the boy he looks great in his pirate gear!