Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally...Hyperbolic'd out...

I know its a bit late for a New Years Resolution, but I think better now than never. Glancing back over my blog, there has been lots of chat, what I'm buying, where I am going, but not what I am actually doing. So, my resolution for 2010 is to finally get up some proper textile stuff, work, patterns, designs up on the blog. Less chit-chat more work!!... I also never get the time to read other peoples blogs, websites, etc, I don't ever browse. I would love to have the time to do that too!!



It dawned on me properly when I emptied my bag of crocheted coral out onto the floor, that I've taken hardly any pictures of it. I had so much fun doing the coral, I have pretty much done nothing else, but these crochet marathon sessions have left me feeling a bit jaded. I got so excited using strange materials, experimenting with shapes, that once I finished one piece it was straight onto the next. But now, I am finally hyperbolic'd out. I can do no more, well, I could, but its getting ridiculous, and I have a backlog of other things I need and want to do. So, here is a few pics of the coral I have been making for the Toxic Reef, it's all plastic.. And I am going to try get some techniques written up as well... Goodbye Coral, it was fun, but now it is over...





Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Kerryfelter said...

Wow! The pics are great! That reef is going to look amazing...

KerryFelter said...

HI! I would love the stuff you were talking about--is it instructional stuff or old magazines? Either way, sounds interesting. When are you in Dingle again? email me on sharon1_crandall@hotmail.com when you are in the area....thanks!

Catherine said...

Oh! these are gorgeous!

Betty Darling said...

amazing hyperbolic!!

I've just started to crochet, my mum is constructing an entire reef! such a great project.