Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I got a strange request through The Woolly Way yesterday. Most of the emails I get are from people looking to post info or from tourists looking for specific items, fabric in Cork, or knitting in Mayo, where-ever they are holidaying. This time someone in France was looking to import Aran jumpers, and stuff, and they wanted me to pass on their info to manufacturers.... Has the blog now become a competitor for The Crafts Council or Enterprise Ireland? I don't understand why, I mean the blog looks crap, in fairness, I just haven't had the time to fancify it up, I was hoping some nice volunteer graphic designer would do it for me (still hoping by the way....). It's taking up more and more of my time just posting everything, and answering emails. But I must admit it did make me feel a bit, well, proud and peeved off at the same time. Firstly, proud that the blog would be considered anyway professional to have those kind of connections, but also peeved off that the governmental agencies supposedly in charge of this stuff are not doing their job properly. Look at the FAS scandal, for god's sake! I mean this person must be desperate to have emailed a blogger for information...

I told him The Woolly Way was a "grassroots organisation, not affiliated with any large manufacturers or mass exporters in any way". Yep, I'm getting good at the ole b******t, I mean the vocabulary needed to work in the official industry. They gave me a link to a company in France that imports and sells authentic Irish goods throughout France, Comptoir Irlandais. Got a great kick out of looking at the authentic textiles, but have a look at the Whiskey page! I've never seen so many types of whiskey, let alone the Oirish ones....

Also take a look at the Wacky Woollies rubiks cube....

No comments: