Saturday, July 18, 2009

This is the scanned image of the (finally!) finished Clones Lace piece I started making at the Irish Crochet workshop. I call it my Clones Lace Doily Thingy, as well, its doily size. I couldn't seem to get a good picture of it, so scanning it in seemed to work ok, although the colour is a bit off.

No sooner had I put it up in my Ravelry projects page, (I haven't put up a decent project for ages) when I get a message from the Fearless Leader of the Crochet Liberation Front, to say I've been given the Set My Picot Free award in recognition of my efforts!!

OK, my mother always laughs when I mention the CLF, but to me it is made up of damn fine crocheters, and it is an honor to receive the award for my humble little piece. I mean, if you had seen the work that was being done at the workshop, from women that have been doing this their whole lives, who have been attending the workshop for several years, my piece was really on the 5yr old scale and I definitely don't deserve this award!....Seriously beautiful crochet work going on, and I wish I had taken more pictures, but I wasn't really in taking pictures mode, too busy chatting!!

Thank you Cananomade!!

No comments: