Sunday, November 16, 2008

World Beach Project

Just came across a lovely project on the V&A website about the World Beach Project.

The World Beach Project is a global art project open to anybody, anywhere, of any age. Building on the experience many of us have of making patterns on beaches and shorelines, this project combines the simplicity of making patterns with stones with the complexities of shape, size, colour, tone, composition, similarity and difference.

Simply, go to a local beach, make some sort of design with stones , take a photo and add it to the online gallery. Couldn't be simpler!

There only seems to be about 7 Irish entries, which is a bit poor considering we're not short of a few stones and we have a vast coastline. So, use it as an excuse to get out for a walk, play for a few mins.

2 comments:

Lauria said...

Awesome! I live close the the beach, so I should totally get on this! I have been thinking it would be nice to see what the beach looks like this time of year...

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous project. I wish I were near a beach...Well, I guess there's a lake about twenty miles north, isn't there? So I could get off my duff and go arrange some stones if I set my mind to it...