Friday, September 26, 2008

Photos!!

No sooner had I asked for links to see photos of the Sailors Society Mad Hat Competition, then I received them!! Big thanks to Tony for emailing me on some pics that I can now share...



The photos don't do them justice, you almost need to blow up the photos to try get to see some of the detail in the work. Some of them are indeed Very MAD..







Some of the hats are up for auction to raise money for the Sailor Society. Tony has informed me that the bidding process has already started. They had a few bids at Birmingham NEC (one hat received a £100 bid!). They will also be on display and accepting bids at Alexandra Palace and Harrogate in London (where the winning bidders will be announced). So, if you're going to any of these show, take a look at this stand. It looks fantastic. And if you have a few bob spare after all your Fibre shopping, please make a bid. There's a few there that are just too darn cute to pass by...

Well done to the Sailors Society and Twisted Thread for organising such a fun fund-raising project, and hopefully it'll be an annual event. I better start planning my next design, if I'm to have a chance at winning...




No comments: