Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ravelympics 2008

The 8/8/8 is not only the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics, its also the opening ceremony of the Ravelympics 2008. Woolly athletes from all over the world are currently training in their various fields. I am representing Team Ireland (of course), and my chosen fields are

Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss
Felted Freestyle
Free-For-All Freestyle

Kick off for this event is 8pm Beijing, 12pm Ireland. I will be at the Irish Green Gathering, so if anyone sees a woman crocheting for all shes worth, please verbally support her in her endeavor to win Gold for Ireland.

Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss: I plan to make Miss Toilet Dolly Cover 2008. This is what I was planning to make for the Toilet Dolly Competition

The Natural Dye Studio in Suffolk has launched a 'Toilet Dolly Competition' to help raise money for The Mirasol Project. There are two categories; Tasteless and Tasteful. There are prizes for the best and all the dollies will be included in a charity auction on November 1st 2008.

Felted Freestyle: more coral for my Electric Picnic stand.

Free-For-All Freestyle:
Guess what, more coral. (Though I hope these will be the last two pieces I have to make of coral. I'm dying to get going on something else!!)

No comments: