Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on The Irish Crocheted Coral Reef

Well, the Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef Exhibition is finally over. I don't know the statistics, but from what I have heard and read, it was incredibly successful. It was a great pleasure to work on and I got to meet some fantastic people because of it. It's been ages since I updated my blog, so I don't think I even mentioned going up to Dublin one last time, and getting to meet the wonderful Dainia Taminia, and the cherry on the top, Rockpoolcandy (aka Inga Hamilton)!

But just when you think it's all over, it's not... And the two bits of fantastic news I have for you, is that firstly, the Irish Toxic Reef was so amazing, incredible, etc, etc, that parts of it have been 'curated' by Margaret Wertheim, to travel over to the USA to be part of the International Exhibition in the Smithsonian Institute!! I think that's in October, but I'm not 100% sure. But sure, we all knew it was pretty amazing, I mean, we made it!

Also, the tireless promoter of Reefers in Ireland, Irene Lungaard, has managed to bag us the Tinahely Courthouse Arts Centre for September 2010. The Irish Crocheted Coral Reef will go on display in Wicklow. So, since our Toxic Reef is now off on holidays, we need a new toxic reef. Anyone who hasn't been hyperbolic'd out, or never got the chance to participate before, can now make some pieces. Although we really need lots of toxic/plastic coral, I'm sure more woolly coral will be accepted. Also, we are looking for other venues around Ireland, that would be interested in exhibiting the Irish Crocheted Coral Reef. Get in touch if you can think of any suitable venues.


Share/Bookmark


No comments: