So, here is brief practicals of washing your hand-spun yarn, straight off the wheel.
- Fill sink with hand-hot water to hand-hot. (research suggests 36 degrees as hand-hot, think baby bath temperature)
- Gently immerse the skeins into the water. Leave this to cool, roughly about 45 mins.
- Then remove them, gently squeezing excess water
- Fill up the sink again, to same temperature as first time (36 degrees) but this time add a small amount of Laundry liquid. Very gently squeeze the suds through the yarn.
- Take skeins out again, leave to drain on a clothes rack.
- Re-fill sink, keeping water at the same temperature.
- Repeat until the water is clear.