Sunday, March 21, 2010

I missed my calling in life!!

The child is asleep, unusual for mid-day, so I thought I would browse online. Something I'm not really allowed to do at the moment, but it was more trying to catch up with people than sign up to crazy textile projects!! I came across Colour Career Counsillor, The Dewey Color System® is now the world's most accurate career testing instrument, blah, blah, and it gave me a great laugh. Apparently I missed my calling in life. I should have been an accountant!!

You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you. Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

OK, I get some of it, the plotting, the persistance, but jesus, they could at least have said Bank Manager, not bank cashier. What's with all the Assistant stuff? Operate office machines?

Well, even if I was thinking of a change of career (em, a career!!), I dont think the whole bank/accountant thing is the way to go, at the moment. I think this is a conspiracy, to try persuade us all to be ants, do your job, as a dental assistant and be happy at the well, near the bottom of the Well-ordered chain of command. Whose behind this website? Have they every seen my house! There is absolutely nothing Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate, in a yarnaholics house. We all know that...

No comments: