Monday, March 1, 2010

Disasters and Silly Pictures

I seem to always start my posts, messages, emails, etc, with apologies about things being hectic. But I'm sorry, they have been hectic again, and again. Just seems to be the way my life is at the moment. So, I have stuck in a silly picture at the start and the end of the post to, well, brighten up a post about disasters...I've had a few disasters lately, one kinda major, one not so major, and one oh well....

Disasters
The not so major disaster, was me having a hard time making a scarf for my swopee, part of a St. Patricks Day Swop organised on Ravelry. My swopee was vacrocheter, who, has read my blog (and is probably reading it now) so she knows I have many disasters when it comes to following a pattern. Long story about not enough yarn, ripping back and etc etc. Anyway, it worked out fine, and she is happy with it!! Or maybe she is just being polite...

Scarf for vacrocheter

The kinda major disaster happened while I was trying to take photos of all the crocheted coral that I had made, and that I have gathered from others, to bring to Dublin. Another long story made short, my neighbours kids decided to use my car as a blackboard, using stones instead of chalk... oh, will probably cost about a grand to get it resprayed... wont go there...I will post the few photos I got of the coral, and about my Dublin trip some other day.

My oh well disaster, was me having to bow out of the Ravelympics 2010, simply because I was too tired to take and upload the photos. Yes, I was that tired yesterday, I actually declined to take part in something yarny and ridiculous...I let down Team Ireland, but that was the price I had to pay for taking on too much...

So, here is another silly picture, to brighten up what could have been a glum post...



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kerryfelter said...

Chin up, girl!! Better days are ahead! I got my studion, thank God. The box you gave me is still sitting on my kitchen table, waiting for it resting place in the new studio!

Sharon

Unknown said...

I wasn't just being polite,my scarf is LOVELY. A very good friend is still trying to claim it, every time she visits, lol. I really do love it.

You're not the only one running behind, I'm just now catching up on this post! Thanks again:-)