Saturday, May 23, 2009

Did you know that yesterday was The International Day for Biological Diversity? No, neither did I, I read it this morning on the Heritage Council newsletter.

I've been a flu-induced haze for the past week. I knew I was tired after my trip to Mayo, and came down with a touch of a cold. Well it developed into full blown, stay in bed flu. Then when the flu subsided a bit, the sinus and chest infection kicked in. I though, oh a few days in bed catching up on some crochet, but I haven't able to do a thing, except watch endless telly...I am feeling a bit better today, so I checked my emails, and discovered yesterday was International Day for Biological Diversity, and this is the end of Biodiversity Week. There has been loads of activities going on all over the country, and as usual I missed them all... The only thing I did yesterday was go to the doctor to confirm my illness, get drugs, and then back to bed. My garden has been taken over by biodiversity, and I plan on spending a few days once I'm better, on destroying a lot of it, eg grass, slugs, snails, moss, dandelions, daisy's, etc, etc.....Not very PC, but a veg-patch is like a war-zone. I'm a pacifist towards the ones that can walk, wiggle, or otherwise move. They benefit from the re-location programme. But the weeds, I'm not so pacifist... (But there is karma for you, you will return as compost!)

So to celebrate some kind of International Diversity, I shall tell you my photo's got accepted into the International Freeform Crochet Guild

The 2009 International Freeform Guild's Show, Four Seasons, includes 52 freeform fiber artists from all around the globe. The artists were given the choice of creating one or more freeform pieces interpreting the four seasons.

Here's my page!!
http://www.freeformcrochet.com/2009/Pages/orla.html

2 comments:

Susanne Iles said...

Congratulations on having your work showcased!Your blog continues to inspire! I've been out of commission for a while but am eager to get crocheting again. I now have a lovely excuse...my daughter was born 11 weeks early but is now home and is doing great! Time for booties, bonnets and other baby goodies I think. An amigurumi or two perhaps?
When things are settled here I would love to meet sometime..perhaps go for a yarn excursion in Kenmare?
Best to you always,
Susanne

Stitchlily said...

Congrats! That's great news, glad she's home safe and sound...Will definately meet up sometime...