Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Craft Fair and more Sackboy debate

My God the time is just flying by. The past week or so, has been hectic preparing for the Craft Show. I didn't have enough time to make nice fancy tags with the appropriate words re-used/re-cycled/vintage, etc. Due to my little one deciding to be physically sick all over himself and the bed the night before the Fair. All plans went out the window, but such is life and kids...

The Craft Fair went OK, but only OK. It was well planned, and I thought well advertised. I know the lady who was organising it, and I know she works damn hard, but unfortunately for her and for us at the Fair, it just wasn't enough. There were a good number of people milling about, but not what you would expect for the only Christmas Craft Fair in Tralee, Co. Kerry. But for those who had travelled miles and hours to sell there, it was very disappointing. I don't think we can blame the whole recession thing, I think its just Tralee... I never do well in Tralee. If I sold enough to pay for the table, I, honestly, would be very pleasantly surprised. For me its more of a day out, and a deadline to get stuff made which I can sell elsewhere. Its such a pity, as I know most of those people wont come back next year, and it could spell an end to any kind of Xmas Fair in the town...



Sackboy

Just to update anyone who has been following the whole Sackboy thing. The official word is we are not allowed to pass on the pattern in any form. So, anyone who asked me for it, I am sorry, but I'm not taking the chance..

There is a Sony Approved knitting pattern of Sackboy currently available. It is published in the January issue of Simply Knitting. Media Molecule have plans to publish their own
official knitting pattern and hopefully a crochet one. AS soon as I hear anything else folks, I'll let you know...

So, I repeat, my pattern is not available, please don't ask me for it as I hate having to say no...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our generation's crafts revival has not reached critical mass in Ireland yet. I think we (as crafters) need to do alot more in Ireland to get people here interested in 'buying handmade' as well as making their own crafts (so they appreciate someone else's work).

I bought some yarn from a hand spinner from Cork and she was so surprised to be selling to someone from here. She usually sells over seas!

Sorry to hear about the disappointment!