Friday, October 3, 2008

Crochet Conversions

It has come to my attention that when it comes to crochet definitions I, somehow, have managed to cross the waters without realising. I now Crochet American style. Probably because most of the patterns and books I have come from the US. So, to clear up this mess, with regards to my Innocent Smoothie Hat Patterns, I've decided to re-write them in BOTH versions. I did say expect some tweaking, as they are my first patterns. My apologies to any English Stylists that may have gotten confused...So in case I've done it wrong again, here's some conversion tables, and if that fails, here's some links to read all about it.

www.crochet.about.com

www.crochetpatterncentral.com


United States |

English

Single Crochet (sc) |

Double crochet (dc)

Half double crochet (hdc) |

Half treble (htr)

Double crochet (dc) |

Treble (tr)

Triple crochet (trc) |

Double treble (dtr)

Double triple crochet (dtrc) |

Triple treble (trtr)

Triple triple crochet (tr trc) |

Quadruple treble (q[aud] trc)

Skip (sk) |

Miss

Slip stitch (slst) |

Slip stitch (ss) or single
crochet (sc)

Gauge |

Tension

Yarn over (yo) |

Yarn over hook (yoh)



Steel Hook Conversion Chart

US

Eng.

MM

1

3/0

3

2

2/0

2.5

3

1/0


4

1

2

5

1 1/2


6

2

1.75

7

2 1/2

1.5

8

3

1.25

9

4

1

10

5

0.75

11

5 1/2


12

6

0.6

13

6 1/2



No comments: