Monday, September 8, 2008

Knitting and Stitching Show

Its coming up to that time of the year again.

Knitting and Stitching Show!!


And this year I'm determined to get at least two days of it. Last year I did a day trip from Kerry, and it was exhausting. Also, since I was flying (I know, it sounds ridiculous, flying to Dublin but it works out cheaper than the train...), I couldn't bring back my spoils on the plane. So I ended up posting myself a parcel with felting needles, needles, and a lightbulb (a daylight energy-saving lightbulb to be percise).

This year I also plan to volunteer. Its been hard trying to decide who to volunteer with, my loyalties have been a bit tied.. So, I'm going first with the UK Hand Knitting Association. I know I've said my knitting isnt the best, but I'd be able to handle Beginners. They also are looking for Crochet people, so I think thats my calling. I think though, we might need to get them to change the title, the area is called Relax and Knit, but it should be Relax and Crochet and Knit. (The Crochet Liberation Front might stage a protest otherwise). Since the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef is coming to Dublin, I hope to demonstrate some techniques for that.

On my second day I hope to volunteer at the Cork Textiles Network stand. Its our first year having a stand at it, so, hopefully it'll be a success.

The UK Hand Knitting Association are still looking for volunteer knitters and crocheters, so If you'd like an application form, email me and I'll forward you on one.

No comments: