Monday, June 9, 2008

Exhibition Opening


This is St. Fin Barres Cathedral, Cork. It is where the Cork Textiles Network are currently showing an exhibition. I would have photos of the opening night, the chat, the friendship, the wine and yes the textile works of art......Except I had to bring my toddler, who decided to become a bowling ball, to run manic around the Cathedral and bang into people's legs. Needless to say, I didn't stay long, and had resounding screams all the way down the road. Then it was hobble hobble to our lodgings (my new shoes, dug holes into my ankles) for bed at 8 o'clock. I got to sit in the dark and watch crap TV, with a sleeping baby beside me. I made up for it though by ordering breakfast in bed. A small treat for a disastrous night, but a treat none the less....

I got to see the exhibition the next morning before heading back to Kerry, and I tell you, it is well worth a visit. It is great to see the range of textile techniques, and how professional all the pieces looked. If you can't get to Cork, its travelling to Bantry for the Music Festival, then Kinsale in July, and back to Bishopstown Library, Cork in October.

No comments: