Sunday, May 11, 2008

What I'm working on at the moment

I've decided, in the interests of building up my portfolio, and profile to do things this year that I have never done before. So, this is my new blog, a place I can gather my thoughts, and keep track of what I am doing.

Currently I work as a volunteer at a community organic garden, and at an after schools club teaching Arts and Crafts.

Exhibition pieces, this year, so far, are in two group shows.

Cork Textiles Network: St. FinBarre’s Cathedral, Cork.“Cuttings”, an exhibition of Textile Art is on from 2-22nd of June.The opening is on Thursday 5th June at 6pm

Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef: 10th June through to 18th August, The Hayward Gallery, and Festival Hall, Southbank, London.

Other textile stuff I'm working on :

ISANDS -
Wrapped In Love Appeal, making little burial gowns and wraps/blankets for babies who die before or around the time of birth in Ireland.

The Natural Dye Studio are running a Toilet Dolly competition. The Dollys will all take part in a charity auction, all proceeds will go to The Mirasol Project


No comments: